Sunday, May 18, 2008

Medievangelism

Here we go again. Imagine this-a world where everyone is entertained by a flat screen that posts images acrossed it's screen for no other reason but frivolous fictional entertainment. A world where only the absolute most intellectual of people use it to get informed, and a percent of those don't really even care about the useful information that they are watching.
I find that fascinating, in fact riveting. How many of us waste hours upon hours of time sitting infront of the tube or computer watching silly shows, youtube,myspace, facebook, and dare I say, publishing a blog called "The Bottom Line" that probably reaches all of three people, that are probably just my friends that are wondering what I'm doing with my time.
The point is, why are we so driven to waste our time?! Why in the world are we wasting our lives doing things like this feeding production companies and writers, adding hits to someone's website, and staring at things that have no relevance to real life. How come, these days, people can express themselves to one another better in an IM, than in a face to face conversation. We even date and fall in love through the screen, what happened to good old face to face attraction. What was the last thing you laughed at that wasn't a reference to something else.
The worst part is that we're all guilty of it. Every last one of us. Especially me. I've had more in depth conversations through an IM than face to face and I spend over 4 hours a day on a computer, every day, not counting the days when I work, then it's just a disgusting amount.
These roots of evil are wasting our lives away, and surely we can find something better to do with our lives....right? Opinions totally needed. I mean, isn't this why we're so bored?

No comments: