Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Gas Prices Got you down?

Buy a damn bicycle. Carpool, get to work/class/whereverelse however you need to if you are that pushed for money. Or you could, get off your butt and walk. I have this idea that everyone would be 20 pounds lighter if we didn't have desk jobs and drove everwhere...I mean who all is guilty of keeping food in the drawers of your desk. I had a pint of ice cream today. But that's a topic for the upcoming "Why are we so big?" blog that I have in revision, stay tuned.

The point is, we as Americans are still paying about $4.00 less than the average European. They pay more than we do by the liter... That is, in itself a frightening thought. Everyone keeps talking about getting rid of the penny (that would raise gas prices too, by the way.) It's a daunting idea that we're all worked up about $4.00 a gallon, but what's even scarier is that in our inflated market, most of us can afford more than that if we'd stop doing other things, like driving over priced gas guzzlers, spending over $100 in one day, or even trading in our conservative savings accounts for checking accounts.

I'm sorry but I guess, I may be biased. I sold my SUV, that I was in love with, talk about the perfect car, for a little economy car that gets 35 mpg. Was I happy at first? no. Then I went to the gas station...That, put a big smile on my goofy face. I'm also a student, so I think that anyone who isn't 20 grand in debt to some education insitution, can afford to keep their SUV's...

The Bottom Line: We're going to make it people, just start riding those bicycles I hope you go buy.

No comments: